just got this in my inbox, it is last minute as in this weekend !!!!
Last Minute Permaculture Meeting Low $$ Ottawa area
Date: Saturday, April 21, 2012 – 09:15 – 17:30
Location: Gloucester (Ottawa)
Cost: Requested donation $10 to $20
Gathering the local permaculture community
Hosted by Permaculture Institute of Eastern Ontario & Permaculture Ottawa
This is a message I received from one of the organizers of the event…
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the [b]Permaculture Convergence next Saturday, April 21! [/b]Please do bring:
* your own mug for tea and coffee (we’ll provide the tea and coffee)
* paper and pen for notetaking
* flyers/business cards about your permaculture-related events, projects and organisations
* Saturday, April 21, 9:15am to 5:30pm.
* Requested donation $10 to $20 at the door. All profits will go to support permaculture-related projects in the community.
* For folks who have not already taken a permaculture course, we strongly encourage you to attend the 9:30am workshop “What is Permaculture? An Intro to Permaculture Principles”. This is meant to give people a good overview of what permaculture is, as a foundation for the rest of the day.
* For the schedule and more details, visit: http://eonpermaculture.ca/convergence-2012
LOCATION & DOOR TIMES! PLEASE NOTE!
* The Convergence is being held at Lester B. Pearson High School, 2072 Jasmine Crescent in Gloucester. Here’s the map: http://g.co/maps/c8x58
* It is POSSIBLE that the school will opt to keep the main doors locked during the day for security reasons. We will have volunteers at our Welcome Table at the main doors at the following times to welcome guests and open the doors! That said, please note the following “door times” to help facilitate your smooth and easy arrival! (We appreciate that the school is donating the space for this community event, and we are doing our best to be flexible with their needs.)
* We plan to have 1 hour for lunch and to restart promptly at 1:30pm with the introduction to the Open Space Technology forum. We encourage you to bring a bagged lunch to save time and make the most of networking. There are also a couple of places nearby to get food.
* In our afternoon Open Space Technology forum as well as during lunch, we hope you’ll share about your permaculture-related projects, events and organisations. Our intention is for this community to become a resource to support one another in learning and getting more involved. We invite you to bring flyers, business cards, etc. to hand out.
For more information…
More info on their activities.. http://eonpermaculture.ca/