see newer updated post for newer updated information https://wildernessreturn.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/wildfood/
Karen the Edibles experts info to follow!
* Cost – $20 – this includes a hard copy of Fields of Nutrition, a free PDF copy of Free Food from Foraging, and a (homemade) sample of vinegar because I like to show everyone just how easy it is to make things at home.
* Anyone who comes on this walk and wants to return for a spring/summer walk will pay $15 and at that time will get a free copy of an ebook I am working on now about the pine tree (won’t be ready for about 2 weeks).
* If there is a third walk later in the year, for those who come on the first 2 tours, cost will be $15 and there will be free samples.
* February 9th.
* Location Secord Forest and Wildlife Area:
Secord Drive…. east side of Concession 3 just south of Goodwood Road.
* Time… 1pm start until 3 or so… perhaps 4 if there are lots of questions and the weather cooperates.
– In the event of inclement weather the date will be February 23rd. Wild_E and I will determine no later than 11am on February 16 if we need to postpone to the 16th. So please check the forum! before you leave!!!!
I ask for payment in advance. Interac e-bank transfer or PayPal (they offer many forms of payment options). NO REFUNDS. In the event someone does not show up they have automatically reserved themself a spot for the second walk.
If you choose to pay by Interac e-bank transfer then please send payment to my email: k.stephenson(at)ediblewildfood.com . For the secret question please use… “What is Charlie?” with the answer being “ground ivy” (all lower case). If you use PayPal my account there is karenanne24(at)hotmail.com.
Thank-you so much and I look forward to meeting everyone!
(scouting two different locations this coming weekend, for Durham Region locations, nice walking areas with loads of Wild Edibles showing in winter time)
(will be creating a Hamilton Edibles Tour with JAB at the helm, soon, stay posted)
look for this in winter!
Plantain seeds in winter
If we have more than 20, the following weekend will be a second wild edibles tour and walk. If we have more than 20 and some can not go on the Saturday, perhaps we can arrange the second tour on the Sunday?
Let me know who is in…
Location will be North of Whitby near one of the ski hill areas, close to the spring water location, will update after this weekend, see note above as to why, location is tentative. Best for all …
cheers and look forward to seeing confirmation on this 😀